1. Never, ever pump the wand - this adds air to the mascara container, which will only make your mascara dry out faster.
2. As a general rule, brown or soft black are best for daytime; black works best for night.
3. Use less mascara on lower lashes than on top lashes. Or forgo mascara on lower lashes for a more casual look.
4. If your mascara smells funny or is more than six months old, chuck it. The eyes are very sensitive to bacteria.
5. After you've coated lashes with mascara, add just one more layer to the outer corners. The extra coat will make your lashes look especially long.
"CHIC.TV beauty blog brought to you by Silk'n SensEpil, the at home laser-like hair removal device."