Monday, February 25, 2013
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Wella Stylist Sascha Breuer created an edgy textured look for Anne at the National Board of Review Awards Gala earlier this week where she and her Les Miserables co-stars were honored for Best Ensemble.
Here are Sascha’s tips on how to recreate this look:
1. Blow dry hair while shaping with it to one side with fingers to ensure the natural texture stays intact
2. Spritz the hair evenly with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray for added “gut”
3. Once the hair is completely dry, use a ceramic straightener on individual sections to enhance the hair and bring out the straighter, rock-chic feel of the look.
4. Mist some Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray directly on your fingers and define single strands without weighing your hair down. “This way, the spray stays on really light and your will let your hair look and feel natural, even though it has a strong hold level,” says Sascha.
Hair Stylist: Sascha Breuer for Wella Professionals
Outfit: Saint Laurent tux, Givenchy custom vegan shoes and a Jill Milan clutch
· Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray
· Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
Thursday, December 20, 2012
January means New Year’s resolutions and new beginnings – and for many women this also means a new look. However, holiday presents and parties tend to leave most Americans strapped for cash, so a new wardrobe might be out of the question for many. Fortunately, a new hairstyle can also make you feel like a new person – and celebrity hairstylist, Lee Stafford has the inside scoop on which looks will be hot in the New Year.
Lee, who recently launched his award-winning Lee Stafford Collection of hair care products in the U.S., is happy to share these styles with you and your readers. According to Lee, the three hottest hair trends for 2013 will be:
· The Perfect Ponytail
Heidi Klum and Madeleine Stowe know how to rock a ponytail – and your readers can too! Ponytails are a great way to achieve a sleek look with any type of hair. They’re also a quick fix when you need to go from daytime to evening. Depending on your style preference, you can wear a ponytail sleek and glamorous or messy and disheveled. Either way, your hair will look fabulous in the office or out on the town.
· The Wavy Baby
Wavy hair, like Lea Michele’s at the 2012 VH1 Do Something Awards, will be one of the hottest hair trends in 2013. The great thing about this style is that it’s easy to achieve once you know how. It gives hair natural volume, and is extremely versatile!
· The Big Bang
Recently, full bangs hitting straight and low on the forehead have been seen both on and off the red carpet. Taylor Swift, Rooney Mara and Zoe Deschanel are the obvious style leaders in this category, but even Christina Aguilera was seen rocking this trend at the 2012 American Music Awards.
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Key Makeup Artist James Kaliardos explains his tech-natural soft purple smokey eye backstage at Nicole Miller, New York Fashion Week, Spring 2013.