Thursday, December 30, 2010
Top Ten Foods for Healthy Hair
Did you know that the foods that you eat can promote healthy hair? We've got your list of the ten foods that will keep your hair strong and healthy:
1) Salmon: Salmon is packed with omega 3 fatty acids, B12 and iron, all of which support scalp health.
2) Dark Green Veggies: Green veggies, again are a great source of iron. Remember, the greener the veggie the more nutrients it contains. So, go ahead and eat your vegetables!
3) Beans: Beans are an amazing source of protein, which keeps hair strong. They also contain iron, zinc, and biotin.
4) Nuts: Nuts are the best source of selenium, a nutrient which keeps your scalp healthy. Many nuts also have zinc, which helps to keep your hair from shedding.
5) Poultry: Again, you're getting a great source of protein which is essential to maintain healthy hair. Protein deficiencies can lead to loss of hair color so it's very important to make sure you're getting enough on a daily basis.
6) Eggs: Did we already tell you that protein is super important in maintaining healthy hair? Well, just in case, try some eggs. In addition to having lots of protein, eggs also contain biotin and B12.
7) Whole Grains: Not only do whole grains contain zinc and B12, but they're also a great mid day pick me up. The nutrients in whole grains not only keep hair healthy but also provide a boost of energy to get you through the day.
8) Oysters: Oysters contain lots of zinc, which is great for your hair. If you're not much for oysters, don't worry. You can also get your fill of zinc from beef and lamb.
9) Low Fat Dairy Products: Calcium not only builds strong bones, but also promotes hair growth!
10) Carrots: You know how your mother always told you to eat carrots for good vision? Well, it's true! Carrots contain vitamin A which in addition to promoting good vision, are a great source of nutrients to promote scalp health.
Most important to remember, is that if you keep a healthy, well balanced diet, you'll be healthier all around, which includes your hair. So, take some time to go to your local grocery store, and pick up some healthy, vitamin rich snacks, and have gorgeous hair in no time!