Fun, Full Eyelashes
Tip: Exaggerated lashes like the ones pictured above are a great way to spice up a Halloween costume!Sometimes it's fun to go a bit more glamorous. If you're looking to add some instant va va va voom to your look, try out a pair of false lashes. While we don't recommend falsies for everyday use, they can be great for a birthday, special event, or just a fun night out. You can also get this look at home. Applying false lashes isn't nearly as scary as it seems. To apply you'll need a set of lashes (which can be purchased at any beauty supply store), a toothpick, and lash glue.
1) First, decide what type of lashes you want. If you're going for something subtle, try shorter lashes. Remember, the longer the lashes the more dramatic the affect. If you want your lashes to look natural, don't get them too long.
2) Before putting on lashes, be sure to apply all eye makeup, including mascara.
3) Squeeze a small, very then line of glue all along the rim of your false lashes.
4) Bend lashes a few times into a horseshoe shape. This is a very important step. Otherwise the lashes could be too stiff and won't form to the shape of your natural lash.
5) Looking into a mirror, apply falsies above lashes as close to your lash line as possible.
6) If need be, adjust lashes with tweezers or a toothpick.
7) Don't be alarmed if you can see a bit of excess glue! The glue will dry clear and won't be visible.
There you have it! Beautiful, full lashes in no time at all. If you're still a little scared to apply yourself, practice a few times before the big event. You'll be a pro in no time!