We're always looking for the new, best way to get rid of pesky unwanted hair. Ladies can attest that some methods don't work and/or don't leave your skin feeling smooth and supple. If you fall into either of these categories, try these tricks to easily remove hair and leave your skin feeling great:
- If you shave in the shower wait a few minutes before using the razor. Skin that has been soaked in warm water for a few minutes will allow for a closer shave. Also, make sure to change razors often and use a shaving cream or soap. Once you're done, make sure to moisturize!
- If you pluck your hair try applying ice before hand to lessen the pain. Taking a tylenol about 30 minutes before helps too. And, always be sure to sterilize your tweezers before using.
- If using a depilatory make sure to thoroughly read directions first. Apply a dime sized amount to a small area of the body before applying throughout to make sure that your skin won't have a bad reaction.
- If you choose to wax, make sure that hair is at least 1/4 inch long so the wax will be able to attach. Be sure to avoid waxing if you are sunburned or have acne as this can irritate the skin.
- Laser hair removal: This is certainly the most expensive option of the lot, but is the only permanent treatment to remove hair. We recommend the Silk'n SenSepil which is an at home laser hair removal device. It works in the same way as professional hair removal and costs a fraction of the price. To purchase go to http://www.sephora.com/.
"CHIC.TV Beauty Blog is brought to you by Silk'n SensEpil the at home laser like hair removal device."